MINIMUM ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Undergraduate degree (e.g. Bachelor of Arts degree) completed or in progress at the time of application
- Experience studying a second language
ENGLISH REQUIREMENT FOR NON-NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS
- Internet-based TOEFL score of at least 85 (or its equivalent) or IELTS Band 7 score
- Bachelor’s or higher degree from an accredited institution in the U.S. or other country in which English is the primary language of instruction
Non-native English speakers must submit an official TOEFL or IELTS score report unless you attained your degree in a country where English is the primary language of instruction.
English proficiency for all non-native speakers will be confirmed prior to admission by an interview and writing exam. Candidates will be required to attend the interview and exam at Georgetown University. Candidates who live more than 2 hours away from Georgetown may request to be tested via online methodologies.
Non-U.S. citizens who are not currently residing in the U.S. cannot attend Saturday on-campus practicum sessions in tourist status. If you are a foreign student requiring a student visa to attend the practicum, please apply for the Spring semester when one-week practicum sessions are available.
TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION, CLED SPECIAL PROGRAMS MUST RECEIVE:
- An online application form
- Non-refundable application fee of $200
- An original university transcript for the highest degree attained. Degrees from overseas universities must be accompanied by a letter/email from a university official, which includes their name, position/title, and contact information OR a transcript evaluation from a NACES-approved service.
- Latest official TOEFL or IELTS score report (non-native English speakers only).
Send checks/money orders, transcripts and score reports to:
ELC Special Programs
TEFL Certificate Program
Attn: Rebecca Hart
Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies
640 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20001